It’s the information your machine keeps handy only at the forefront of its mind. The more memory you have, the more calculations you can process at once because it’s faster than reaching for the hard drive for the files in use. Most computers less than three years old and more powerful than a netbook will meet your basic needs. Everyone engages in photo editing here and there, even if it’s just adding black and white filters to family photos for the holidays. A decently fast CPU and a fair amount of RAM is all that’s required of most web design work. An expensive graphics card and ultra-performance CPU isn’t particularly necessary unless that’s essential to you.
Computer Networks, Security and Operating Systems Core,20 Credits
We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students. Our web design and development degree is accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT. Successfully completing an accredited honours degree is the first step to full BCS membership and to being awarded chartered status.
- Some restrictions on optional module choice or combinations of optional modules may apply.
- User experience design is the process that design teams use to build products that give meaningful and relevant experiences to users.
- You will develop your knowledge of design by gaining understanding of the principles and concepts upon which design depends.
- Fifty million individuals use Codeacademy to learn how to code for web development.
- This module is designed for all standard full-time undergraduate programmes within the Faculty of Engineering and Environment and provides you with the option to study abroad for one semester as part of your programme.
- The University may administer a small inflationary rise in tuition fees, in line with Government policy, in subsequent academic years as you progress through the course.
Fixing the Progression Paradox: One Way to Accelerate Social Mobility
This course will cover key areas in web design and development, including web and mobile application programming, interaction design, organisational frameworks, as well as human, cultural, and social issues. This allows you to specialise in this vibrant area while gaining a solid foundation of the broader principles of computing. SiS can provide a website design and development service or we can build a web site from your supplied graphics. Whatever your requirements, we can provide a total solution including domain name purchase, email, hosting, Google analytics and integration with any existing business or financial systems.
Programming 2 Core,20 Credits
International study is available, and is intended to develop overall graduate attributes and global citizenship. The School has several agreements with overseas partner institutions, both in the EU and further afield, providing varied and exciting opportunities tailored around your individual study and cultural interests. In the early stage of this course, you will gain an introduction to computer systems, programming, media, marketing and Human-Computer Interaction. Studying Web Design and Development will enable you to gain the technical and design-related skills you need to succeed in this growing, dynamic area.